SAoC Updates

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 03:23:41 UTC 2018

I've updated the SAoC page to reflect the decision to accept
applications from non-university students. I want to make two
things very clear.

First, preference will be given to university students who can
provide proof of enrollment. That's not to say that their
applications will automatically be accepted, but if it comes down
to a student and a non-student, each with a strong application,
to fill the final slot, the student will be given preference.

Second, it is incumbent upon non-student applicants who are
currently employed by a software development firm to ensure there
are no contractual barriers to participating.

We're also still looking for potential mentors, so if you are
willing to work in that role, please let me know!