SAoC Updates

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:50:52 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 31 July 2018 at 13:36:13 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Tuesday, 31 July 2018 at 03:23:41 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>
>> Second, it is incumbent upon non-student applicants who are
>> currently employed by a software development firm to ensure
>> there are no contractual barriers to participating.
>
> That seems risky - an employer may claim ownership of those
> contributions.

That's precisely why I mention it. We expect that applicants to
take the necessary steps to verify there are no issues *before*
applying. If, during the application process, it is discovered
that there are potential issues, that's grounds for an automatic
rejection. We do have access to a legal team, so there will be a
certain level of due diligence where required.