DConf 2018 Ex Post Facto

biocyberman biocyberman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 09:33:51 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 31 May 2018 at 17:29:08 UTC, Arredondo wrote:
> On Thursday, 31 May 2018 at 17:23:56 UTC, Arredondo wrote:

>>> Thanks, guys. Should work now.
>>
>> Now Vang Le's picture is the one not showing :)
>
> Actually Vang Le's picture shows in Chrome but not in Firefox
> for me. Maybe it's because of the file extension: .jpg_large
>
> Arredondo.
I somehow got here finally. There is a belief among Vietnamese
people that when someone think and talk about you, you will
sneeze ;D

@Mike: Your MC job was terrific. I actually noted to myself that
“this guy can deliver a smooth public speaking”.  Another good
things is your perfect enforcement of time constraint on
speakers. It’s only in some rare cases that speaking over time is
interesting and desireable to the audience. The parts of
‘forgetting some think you wanted to say’ is true to me as well.
I’ve learnt to accept the imperfection. And (paraphrase the A/V
part) “not too stressful but pay attentions to the trouble so you
don’t repeat it” resonates well with me.

Thank you all for a wonderful conference. It’s true that I got a
group of talents came to help with bioinformatics in the
hackathon. That’s my “best Dconf moment”. I have a group photo of
almost of them in the slack “bio-general” channel in dlang Slack
channel.

I’ve created three bio-* channels in the Slack to continue and
coordinate work of D and bioinformatics. All are very welcome to
join and contribute. There is a github group
https://github.com/bioslaD as well. Just drop me an email to
biocyberman at gmail.com if you can join the Slack or the github
organization yourself.