GitHub could be acquired by Microsoft

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Mon Jun 4 07:53:13 UTC 2018

04.06.2018 09:02, Anton Fediushin пишет:
> On Monday, 4 June 2018 at 04:40:44 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> On the bright side, maybe this will encourage online repo hosting to
>> become less of a monopoly as folks move elsewhere due to their
>> concerns about Microsoft.
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Can't agree more: GitLab and Bitbucket deserve more attention.
>
> Speaking of which, there's huge spike [1] in project imports on GitLab.
> These are some great news for it, I hope it doesn't crash.
>
> [1] https://monitor.gitlab.net/dashboard/db/github-importer?orgId=1

Gitlab has a big (for me) advantage being self hosted standalone system
I can use privately. Its free version has restrictions comparing to
enterprise version but very usable.
What about sexy modern design it's annoying (for me again) that this
design changes frequently, it forces me almost every update to find
where menus and buttons I used before placed now.