GitHub could be acquired by Microsoft

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Mon Jun 4 15:08:01 UTC 2018

On Monday, June 04, 2018 14:51:24 Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Monday, 4 June 2018 at 05:50:26 UTC, Anton Fediushin wrote:
> > I can think of hundreds of things what can go wrong including:
> > forcing users to use Microsoft accounts
>
> That didn't happen to skype yet.
> MS recently tries to mend its reputation, though the past will
> linger for a while.

In many respects, they're better behaved than they used to be. They're
biggest problems seem to have to do with what they're doing with Windows
(e.g. tracking what you're doing and not letting you turn it off). It's
certainly not desriable that they bought github, but it probably won't have
any obvious effects for a while. The biggest concerns probably have to do
with collecting data on users, and github was doutblessly doing that
already.

- Jonathan M Davis