GitHub could be acquired by Microsoft

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Mon Jun 4 18:17:24 UTC 2018

On Monday, 4 June 2018 at 09:47:58 UTC, Anton Fediushin wrote:
> Oh look, rumours are confirmed:
>
> https://itsfoss.com/microsoft-github/
> MS bought GitHub for $5 billion.

It's official, Nat Friedman, formerly of Xamarin, is the new CEO:

https://blog.github.com/2018-06-04-github-microsoft/

MS is basically selling a story to Wall Street, "Everything new
we tried since Windows and Office has failed abysmally, so we've
learned our lesson and will be the business software company from
now on," hence buying LinkedIn, pushing Azure, and now buying
Github. I don't expect this new management direction to go any
better.