GitHub could be acquired by Microsoft

RalphBa ralph.bariz at pm.me
Tue Jun 5 07:16:03 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 at 06:50:41 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> On 06/04/2018 11:46 PM, RalphBa wrote:
>> Sorry to hear that. Since I do not belive Microsoft changed
>> perspective and am convinced they still see open source as
>> cancer I need to assume they try to inflitrate the OSS
>> community the last years. So for sure I won't rely on their
>> stuff.
>>
>> So is there a chance Digital Mars and D main development is
>> getting bought by Microsoft?
>>
>> BR
>> Ralph
>
> They have C++ and C#. What do they need D for?

C# yes... they have. C++ they have just the windows world which
is just a small part of the C++ ecosystem. The rest is mostly
shared between GNU Compilers and LLVM.

Well, gladly LLVM also play D now, so even a takeover from M$
might not lead to more but in worst case a fork. So if DM is in a
"we would do such deal" mood, it would be wise for the D
community to bet on ldc. Also I hope GDC will see a revival one
day.