GitHub could be acquired by Microsoft

RalphBa ralph.bariz at pm.me
Tue Jun 5 16:12:25 UTC 2018

> Of course it had to be losing money..how else would they have
> convinced everyone it need to be aquired? That's long term Now
> which company has done more for software development, besides
> Microsoft?
GNU... oh sorry, you are speaking about companies... Sun... ok,
open and free software isn't really compatible with making money.
Best argument why to leave GitHub if you do such kind of software.

> Mostly closed source proprietary, sure, but still...(and that's
> changed a lot now!)
Well, changed... you really belive them? And mind, open source
doesn't imply open and free software, only vice versa. How young
are you to not knowing M$ better?

> I'm sure MS Linux will come out soon .. someone has to compete
> with Ubuntu.
Still M$, still noone essential who will use it... and if only to
make a point.

> And sure, MS stopped a lot of other developers/apps from
> competing ...but hey, that's business...what else can we expect
> (from any for-profit, shareholder company).
Up there... I wrote something of incompatible, so no not
expecting anything else. Thats exactly the point.

> C# - Windows Forms - Database integration - anyone? I still
> program with them ;-)
>
> If I tried doing any one of my 'windows forms apps' on any open
> source solution/platform, the productivity loss alone would be
> immense.
Did you ever have the need to write something efficient? .NET is
a sandbox for children and UX people. And yes I know what I'm
speaking about... not only up to 4.0 what by the way should lack
support and security fixes in the meantime, but as XP user you
are common to.

> I hate cloud! Dump the tablet and mobile, and bring back the pc
> ( running Windows XP 64 bit, or course - where admin means
> admin!).
Let me try to correct you, you hate centralised clouds. There is
another concept of cloud even it isn't that far yet. But I'm
pretty sure it will once solve the dilamma that stuff can be
infiltrated/bought in one big chunk. Or the one that it has to be
financed by one Organisation.

BR Ralph