SecureD moving to GitLab

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 05:32:39 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 at 06:55:42 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 at 06:45:48 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> Hello Fellow D'ers,
>>
>> As some of you know I work for Microsoft. And as a result of
>> the recent acquisition of GitHub by Microsoft, I have decided,
>> out of an abundance of caution, to move all of my projects
>> that currently reside on GitHub to GitLab.
>>
>> [...]
>
> This reads like a joke, why would it matter if you contributed
> to open source projects on an open platform that your employer
> runs?

It can be easily argued as using company assets for a side
project, and gets into situations where now your company owns the
IP of the thing you built on your own time. Even without using
company assets a lot of employers try to add something into
contracts that everything you do is owned by them, even in your
off hours with no resources and not particularly related to your
day job. It's pretty ridiculous.