iopipe v0.1.0 - now with Windows support!

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 20:10:31 UTC 2018

iopipe version 0.1.0 has been released.

iopipe is a high-performance pipe processing system that makes it easy
to string together pipelines to process data with as little buffer
copying as possible.

Nothing has really been changed, but it now has Windows i/o support. I
will note at this time, however, that ring buffers are not yet supported
on Windows.

This version deprecates the IODev type that I had included, in favor of
a new io library that shows extreme promise.

This version ONLY builds on 2.080.1 or later (the bug fix that I
submitted at dconf has been merged in that version, and so iopipe will
now build against Martin Nowak's io library). In fact, iopipe
development was kind of stalled due to this bug, so I'm super-happy to
see it fixed and released!

Note that the new io library also supports sockets, which IODev did not
have support for, AND has a pluggable driver system, so you could
potentially use fiber-based async io without rebuilding. It just makes a
lot of sense for D to have a standard low-level io library that
everything can use without having to kludge together multiple types of
io libraries.

Near future plans:

1. Utilize a CI to make sure it continues to work on all platforms.
2. Add RingBuffer support on Windows
3. Add more driver support for std.io.
4. Continue development of JSON library that depends on iopipe (not yet
on code.dlang.org).

git - https://github.com/schveiguy/iopipe
dub - https://code.dlang.org/packages/iopipe
docs - http://schveiguy.github.io/iopipe/