Encouraging preliminary results implementing memcpy in D

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 09:59:52 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 13 June 2018 at 09:40:05 UTC, Dukc wrote:

> If I read your benchmark graphs right, they claimed that
> allocating 16 kilobytes takes over 10^^6 usecs, with both
> mallocs. Doesn't that mean over a second, 16 kilobytes? Can't
> be! Are you confusing usecs with nsecs?

The benchmark doesn't allocate any data; it's just copying data.
Each benchmark is run 10,000,000 times to smooth out some of the
entropy in the results:
https://github.com/JinShil/memcpyD/blob/2e0d3c33ea876a25a04358a3ae505b2eba9f99cb/memcpyd.d#L78  The usecs in the graph is the time it takes to run the benchmark 10,000,000 times.

Mike