Encouraging preliminary results implementing memcpy in D

Cym13 cpicard at openmailbox.org
Thu Jun 14 03:59:47 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 14 June 2018 at 02:32:51 UTC, errExit wrote:
> Tor is our last line of defence against an Orson Wells future,
> where everyones actions are scrutinized by big brother, so that
> big brother can use that knowledge to put fear into, control
> and manipulate, those that don't conform.
>
> assert("bad tor user" != "all tor users are bad");
>
> (actually there are more bad non-tor users)
>
> Unfortunately, it's becoming increasingly, the norm, to
> discriminate against tor users (no doubt those doing that
> discrimination are those that are happy to conform, of which
> there will be many, sadly).
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~lunar/20160331-CloudFlare_Fact_Sheet.pdf

Don't mistake spammer management with discrimination. I share
your frustration that TOR isn't more usable than it is today with
CloudFlare etc, but coming with political reasons holds no water
if the reason why it was blacklisted wasn't political in the
first place. It's not false, it just won't work.

Hopefully once that particular user gets discouraged or we find a
way to actually avoid user impersonification, then things will be
able to come back to normal.