Encouraging preliminary results implementing memcpy in D

errExit errExit at err.com
Thu Jun 14 09:00:59 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 14 June 2018 at 07:19:31 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:

> I'm with you on a lot of that, however, this part troubles me:
>
> "This becomes problematic for those of us who work in 'certain
> organisations', that insist on tracking it's employees online
> activities (even outside of the workplace)."
>
> If I worked in such an organization that tracked its employees
> activities *outside the workplace*, I'd LEAVE it ASAP, and I'd
> strongly suggest anyone else do the same. I mean what insane
> workplace is that, the 1920's mob? Apple?
>
> Honestly, if you believe strongly enough in Tor to use it, why
> in the world would you willfully aid and abed an organization
> that does that sort of thing? It doesn't make any sense at all.
> It's EXTREMELY self-contradictory and completely erodes your
> entire stance. If you're going to preach for personal freedom
> and privacy, at least have the basic integrity to LIVE the
> basic ideals you're preaching even when doing so ISN'T so
> trivial as installing a mere web browser.

Sadly, it's increasingly 'standard practice' in HR to do just
that. Monitor what employees, and potential employees have done
or made available on the internet.

I don't support that approach, which is exactly why I use Tor.

Now, their attempts are moot, and therefore I am in no way
supporting those actions.

And so, your comments about 'self-contradictory' are moot also.

In addition, HR data is increasingly becoming a valuable target
for attack, due to the 'profiles' they keep on people. So now the
situation gets even worse. Cause not only does HR have this info,
so will others... eventually.

The only real world option, is to prevent them from gathering
data on you in the first place.

btw. Some people in my team (those that use D), might have
contributed to this post, but now, likely will not.