D only has Advantages

Tony tonytdominguez at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 04:19:22 UTC 2018

On Friday, 15 June 2018 at 02:17:26 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 15 June 2018 at 02:02:52 UTC, Tony wrote:
>> Have their been other languages - besides D - that compiled to
>> object code and used a garbage collector?
>
> You can use a GC with C++ and you can compile Java to native
> code ahead of time.
>
> The distinctions aren't really that sharp, it just depends on
> how you use it.

After I posted I wanted to edit it to add "disregarding JIT in
conjunction with a VM like JVM or .NET". Have there been any C++
compilers that used a garbage collector?

What I was getting at was, if someone says "I've got a systems
level project I want to play around with, however GC is not a
deal breaker for me. ", it seems like they are making an implied
reference to D as I assume "systems level" means "compile to
object code and link with linker to executable".