detectcycles: A source code dependency cycle checker

Vijay Nayar madric at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 11:06:27 UTC 2018

https://github.com/vnayar/detectcycles

I made a small configurable tool to detect software source
dependency cycles that is configurable to use for most languages.
By default, C++, Java, and D are supported, but add new languages
is as simple as adding a few lines to JSON configuation file.

I often work on very large software projects in various different
languages, and sometimes you walk onto projects that were large
long before you got there. Part of my work involves
re-architecting and breaking apart monolithic code bases, and
knowing which components have been tied together as a block is
useful for a quick analysis and helps show me where I need to
focus my attention.

Hopefully other people find it useful as well.