detectcycles: A source code dependency cycle checker

Vijay Nayar madric at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:34:27 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 17 June 2018 at 20:20:48 UTC, Mario Kröplin wrote:
> I did not mention it in the README, but the tred filter used in
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/depend complains about cyclic
> dependencies.
>
> I am currently working on a branch, where the transitive
> reduction and the corresponding warnings are built in.
>
> While this tool is for D only, it also allows to visualize and
> to check dependencies.

Very nice project.  The PlantUML output is a brilliant idea.

In my case, I am mostly analyzing projects that are NOT in D, so
I need a general purpose tool. I'm putting it through practical
runs this morning and discovering areas of improvement.

For example, in Java, one need not import dependencies within the
same package, so I need to take a list of "uses" regex patterns
instead of just having a single one, so that things like
"@Autowired" from Spring can be detected as well.