How an Engineering Company Chose to Migrate to D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jun 20 19:27:16 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 07:13:41PM +0000, bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Wednesday, 20 June 2018 at 18:32:34 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 20 June 2018 at 18:21:01 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> > > On Wednesday, 20 June 2018 at 16:06:15 UTC, Ali wrote:
[...]
> > > OMG how am I to respond to all the comments, I cannot see the end
> > > of it!
> >
> > It seems I'm not supposed to:
> >
> > "You're posting too fast. Please slow down. Thanks."
> >
> > What a strange site.
>
> The site is intentionally designed in a way that discourages
> discussion.  They prefer to have comments several paragraphs long that
> appear to someone with no knowledge of the matter to inject insights
> into the conversation. In practice most of the comments are uninformed
> BS and attempts to put others down but it is what it is.

Thank you for confirming that I wasn't just being an outdated freak in
the loonie bin.  This is exactly my evaluation of HN (and several other
similar sites), and why I find these newfangled social-media
thingamajigs a huge waste of my time, and not worth the bother to sign
up for.

Век живи - век учись. А дураком помрёшь.