LDC 1.10.0

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Jun 21 15:20:35 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-06-21 at 09:02 +0000, Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Wednesday, 20 June 2018 at 09:11:32 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> > Great to see LDC being as up to date with DMD as possible
> > quickly.
> >
> > Sadly due to a Phobos bug, I need D 2.081.0 :-(
>
> It is very easy to build ldc from source, I do it all the time,
> even on my Android tablet or smartphone:
>
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_from_source

In the past I have been known to work with master head or release branch as a
part of helping as a bit of a tester. However, there were issues, long story,
so I started relying on packaged version. I guess I should try being a tester
again.

> If you're waiting on a Phobos fix, you can always backport it to
> LDC 1.10 and build it yourself.
>
> You can also try out the WIP pull for the next release, available
> on its own branch, particularly if you're on linux where it's
> mostly working:
>
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2752

I could be convinced to try this out once it gets committed into a branch.

I'll re-clone the repository as a start point.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200