Aalborg D meetup

biocyberman biocyberman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 13:28:14 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 13 June 2018 at 11:17:15 UTC, biocyberman wrote:
> Reminded by Mike with Seoul D meetup
> (https://forum.dlang.org/thread/fvswwfcbuuqkaqpmpifj@forum.dlang.org) I will unleash my excitement to tell you that we are going to have first D meetup at Aalborg, Denmark 21st June: https://www.meetup.com/AalborgD-Programming-Language/events/251102967/
>
> Ali Cehreli is going to give a lecture about "Introduction to D
> programming language". It is a excellent opportunity for
> someone new to D. We plan to make monthly meetup. The meetups
> intention is to exchange knowledge, and teach each other so
> that members have better understanding of D and programming,
> thereby be more productive, more fun to work with D and your
> tasks. With that in mind, the meetups will be more of a
> 'tutorial' style than 'show-off' style. So we will be helpful
> to each other.
>
> We invite all D enthusiasts, experts and professionals to join
> us to teach and learn.

Woo hoo! we made it! Dream came true, the first D meetup in
Aalborg. I did not dare to think it is possible before the Dconf
in Munich. But the trip there provided invaluable help from Dlang
folks. Two persons stand out in direct influence of making
Aalborg D meetup possible (not counting Walter):
- Stephan (Munich D meetup organizer). "Everything is hard in the
beginning. But try to do it and make it regular". That's the
golden message from him.
- Ali (Thanks to Walter's pointer): My mind was jumping through
the rough when Ali agreed to make the first talk. His talk is
incredibly useful and filled with great patience and kindness
when he talked for 2 hours.

Because July is the month of vaction, we will skip it and do the

Furthermore, we may be able to do a live stream next time.

See you guys soon.