'static foreach' chapter and more

ShadoLight ettienne.gilbert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:24:43 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 26 June 2018 at 01:52:42 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> I've made some online improvements to "Programming in D" since
> September 2017.
>
>   http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html

<snip>

> Ali

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your book - it is the definitive go-to resource for D
newcomers as well as "refresher" reference for part time D
programmers like myself.

The fact that you keep it up to date (if even only the e-copy
release), is also a huge plus for us.

But, if I can maybe ask/recommend - is it possible to add a
RevisionHistory on your ddili.org site?

In fact, your announcement details in this announcement would be
perfect as the content for this release. So, since you write
these announcements anyway, hopefully not a lot of work... ;-)

Also, I don't think anyone would expect you do this for every
revision since the 1st one, even from the current Revision
onward, but updated for every new revision in the future, would
already be great.

The reason I am asking is that it is sometimes difficult to know
if you have updated some part/section/chapter of your book with
some recent changes to the language/runtime/Phobos.

I think this will be super useful since it is used by myself and
others as a kind of "Quick-Reference" book to D now. This is not
as critical for most of the other books (Adam's Cookbook, Kai's
Web Dev book, etc), since they don't attempt to cover the
language in full and hence do not have the same "reference"
aspect your book does. I know Andrei's TDPL book is supposed to
be the definitive reference (and I do have a copy), but it is now
quite out-of-date!

But, most of all, thanks for a super-useful book!