docker images

Anton Fediushin fediushin.anton at yandex.com
Fri Jun 29 06:13:53 UTC 2018

On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 04:51:49 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 June 2018 at 17:54:45 UTC, Radu wrote:
>> Created a couple of docker images useful for dlang dev.
>>
>> LDC cross compiler for ARM
>>
>> - https://hub.docker.com/r/rracariu/ldc-linux-armhf/
>>
>> This image allows one to easily cross compile to ARM. Main
>> use-case is continuous integration servers.
>>
>> - https://hub.docker.com/r/rracariu/dub-registry/
>>
>> Allows easily running a private dub repository on cloud.
>
> Note that there is also an Alpine container with LDC, should be
> useful for building D microservices:
>
> https://hub.docker.com/r/andrewbenton/alpine-ldc/

It would be so nice if I knew about this image earlier. I ended
up making my own minimal image for LDC with OpenSSL 1.1 and
goinsu for privilege lowering.

https://hub.docker.com/r/ohboi/minildc/

It's 153MiB, which is just 53MiB bigger than alpine-based image.
I think I did a pretty good job there, most importantly there
aren't  any problems with musl libc, since it's based on
debian-slim.

Yet still I don't really use this image - LDC has some problems
compiling my vibe.d applications. For every CI build I use my
other image:

https://hub.docker.com/r/ohboi/minidmd/

Which is the same thing, but with DMD instead. It's even smaller,
only 91MiB.