I have a plan.. I really DO

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Fri Jun 29 18:48:19 UTC 2018

On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 17:08:12 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
>> If you're a web developer with no dependencies then youre
>> either reinventing the wheel (could cause trouble in the long
>> run, if your implementations aren't correct.) Or your
>> application just isn't more than a hobby project.
>>
>> Most enterprise projects will have dependencies outside
>> standard libraries and that is true for ex. Go too.
>
> I agree with you, but what I mean is that all those nice Go and
> Crystal web frameworks are actually implemented using exactly
> the same building blocks, so that their authors didn't have to
> reinvent the wheel to reimplement them.
>
> That's why there are so many available frameworks, and you can
> easily pick one which closely matches your needs and
> preferences...

Well you don't really need to re-invent the wheel at all with D
either tbh.

You would need to with vibe.d, because it's really just the
skeleton of a web application, but with Diamond? Not so much. It
supports things that other frameworks don't even support, which
you will end up implementing yourself anyway in 99% of all other
frameworks. To give an example, consent, privacy and GDPR. There
is no framework, at least what I have seen, that has compliance
for such things implemented, but Diamond has it usable straight
out of the box. Another example would be validation for email,
url, various credit-cards, files (Not just extension, but also
whether the data is correct.) etc. most of such validations are
very limited in other frameworks or non-existent at all.

My point is that, even if those languages has http somewhat
standard, they do not implement actual features that are useful
to your business logic, application design etc. only to the
skeleton.

However with frameworks in D you do get the best of both worlds.

http://diamondmvc.org/