I have a plan.. I really DO

Ecstatic Coder ecstatic.coder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:42:56 UTC 2018

On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 17:09:44 UTC, JN wrote:
> On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 08:43:34 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
>> Once Crystal integrates parallelism (at 1.0), it should become
>> de facto one of the best alternative to Go, Java, C#, etc,
>> because it's actually "Go-made-right". For instance it's
>> genericity system works well, and its type inference system
>> natively support union types.
>>

> Except it has no Windows support and doesn't look like it will
> happen anytime soon. Some people might be living in a UNIX
> bubble, but Windows is a big market, and a language won't make
> it big without Windows support.

Right :)

But remember that Crystal is still in its infancy, as it hasn't
reached its 1.0 version yet.

Parallelism is on its way, and Windows support too...

Don't forget that nowadays many (can I say most ?) servers are
based on unix variants, so their platform support order looks
perfectly fine and logical to me.