State of D 2018 Survey

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Fri Mar 2 02:02:42 UTC 2018

On Friday, 2 March 2018 at 01:19:53 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Because it has not stopped changing.  To wit:
>
> 	K&R C (1978)
> 	C89 / C90 / ANSI C (1989-1990)
> 	The 1995 amendment to ANSI C (1995)
> 	C99 (1999)
> 	(Embedded C (2008))
> 	C11 (2011)

btw. I never said 'stop changing', I said "I wish programming
languages would just stop changing so often."

And that last update to C, in 2011, was 7 years ago..

relative stability is a sure sign that something is right.

constant, regular, change is a sure sign that something is wrong.

And if stability were not the preferred state towards which
things evolve, then the universe would be a very different place
indeed.