Documentation for any* dub package, any version

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 03:01:39 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 3 March 2018 at 02:12:52 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> A central doc provider could have some benefit, e.g. searching
> across different libraries.

Yeah, I have code for that written for select libraries already
(on the main dpldocs.info site), but haven't opened it up to the
full dub repo yet... I should be able to though, especially if I
spring for the next tier of VPS.

Check this out: https://dpldocs.info/isSomeString

full-text search over a select group of packages (notably
including Phobos) with a pretty fast response... just it eats
~1.5 GB to keep two copies of its database in memory in order to
give those fast responses concurrently. The instance I have
opened up to dub has a 1 GB limit right now...

But if the patreon thing takes off, I can afford to throw more
memory at it, and/or I could prolly optimize that search database
too, so it will come.

> https://forum.dlang.org/post/tkcndtapfypabsncxxla@forum.dlang.org

Yeah, that's not a bad solution, though what's nice about my
solution is the author doesn't actually have to do anything...
the user just goes to the docs and they appear!