Release D 2.079.0

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Tue Mar 6 00:08:33 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 March 2018 at 23:40:35 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:

> I'd have a snowball's chance in hell convincing anyone at a
> "regular" company of adopting D if anyone there even imagined
> any of the above could happen.
>
> We have to do better than this.
>
> Atila

Fair enough. Doing better is always a good thing to aim for.

But really, who use something 'just released' in production?

As far as I'm concerned, every release is a beta... even if the
beta tag is removed.

The real problem is something you mentioned .. new comers
downloading the latest release..which as I mentioned, is really a
beta.

But that's just the way software developement works these days -
sadly - ship quickly, and ship often. As a result, we're all just
testers for the latest release.