mysql-native v2.1.0

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Mar 6 04:31:42 UTC 2018

On 03/05/2018 09:23 AM, aberba wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 March 2018 at 07:37:38 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa)
> wrote:
>> An all-D MySQL/MariaDB client library:
>> https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native
>>
>> [...]
>
> Is unix socket connection supported? I'm not seeing any information
> about it in the docs.

It's not currently supported. From the "Additional Notes" section of the
readme:

"Normally, MySQL clients connect to a server on the same machine via a
Unix socket on *nix systems, and through a named pipe on Windows.
Neither of these conventions is currently supported. TCP is used for all
connections."
   - https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native#additional-notes

I'm not opposed to it being added, but I'm not aware of what benefit it
would provide that would big enough to make it a priority. Also, AFAIK,
vibe doesn't offer socket support like it does TCP, so vibe users would
loose out on the automatic yield-on-io that's a cornerstone of vibe's
concurrency design.