Article: Why Const Sucks

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 12:10:18 UTC 2018

> Regardless, I doubt that the design of ranges is going to be changed at this
> point given the amount of code that would break as a result, and these sort
> of changes are not backwards compatible.

I sometimes think we would be better off to drop InputRange, and base
everything on the assumption that it can be copied (where isInputRange
is renamed to isForwardRange, and `save` goes away). Then you could use
@disable postblit to mimic what InputRange would have been.

I've never seen the point of having classes be ranges.

-Steve