Release D 2.079.0

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Tue Mar 6 19:30:42 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 at 12:21:41 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> That being said, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to have
> std.experimental be in its own repository.

Just showing that phobos is not the right place to develop
modules/packages, also mir.
IMO std.experimental provides little benefit over dub, but comes
with many downsides.

> This allows selection of the dependency on std.experimental
> separate from phobos.

You cannot link against diamond dependencies of different
versions though, so we'd have to exclude it from libphobos and
put it separately.

> It still would be an "official" dlang package, and might even
> be included in the distribution (the latest version anyway),
> and docs included on the website.

Not sure why inclusion in distribution is often mentioned as such
a thing.
It's trivial and common to have separate libraries/dependencies
in every language with a healthy ecosystem.

http://code.dlang.org/packages/stdx-allocator ;)