Release D 2.079.0

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Tue Mar 6 19:40:47 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 March 2018 at 16:18:11 UTC, Chris M. wrote:
> Good stuff. Still bothers me that we had to special case "throw
> new Exception();" in order to make it nogc. I can't think of
> any better ways right now

Implementing EH for values (instead of class references) would
have been a lot more complex.

> but I wish it was more explicit.

Initially people always want more explicitness for new, not yet
too well known, features, while later opting for terser syntax
for commonly used things.
Exceptions are supposed to be rare and deleting them directly
after being catched seemed like a reasonable enough default to go
with the specialization.
After all it solves a huge problem, error handling in @nogc code.
Maybe we'll find a better/cleaner solution when more of the
language has been transitioned to @safe @nogc.