Release D 2.079.0

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 13:04:59 UTC 2018

On 3/6/18 11:02 PM, Seb wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 at 19:57:13 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

>>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/stdx-allocator ;)
>>>

>> This is the answer, vibe.d should depend on stdx-allocator.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Vibe.d (and a lot of other projects) do depend on this package, see e.g.
>
> https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/pull/1983
>
> Also many packages already depend on vibe.d-0.8.3, but it's in rc1 atm
> and not released as the latest stable tag yet, which is the reason for
> Atila's justified complaint.

Hm... so basically this was fixed back in December, but just hadn't been
released? I think then this seems like an unfortunate, but temporary
problem that should be OK for the future.

In any case, I think this shows we need to move our proving grounds to
an external package. Much better to do it that way than to couple
breaking changes on an experimental package with dmd/phobos fixes.

-Steve