DWT API Documentation now on dpldocs.info

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Mar 8 08:25:10 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 8 March 2018 at 01:21:44 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> As some of you might know, DWT is a D port of Java's SWT. It is
> as thus nearly identical and you can use Java's documentation
> with very little effort - copy/paste of Java examples almost
> just work as D too.
>
> But, the eclipse docs are meh and besides, it is nice to have
> the D docs anyway.
>
> Thankfully, there's plenty of documentation comments in the dwt
> source. Alas, they are javadoc comments. Well, now adrdox knows
> how to read javadoc (if specifically told to).
>
> I don't have a great entry point to the docs, so it will just
> go to the Display class... but take a look:
>
> http://dwt.dpldocs.info/index.html
>
> As you click around, you can navigate, see the inheritance
> trees, and might even notice some of the java.lang namespace in
> there!
>
> http://dwt.dpldocs.info/java.lang.String.html
>
> Well, I made a mistake generating these and there's a broken
> image and link in the header... but the text body looks pretty
> good!
>

> Any DWT users who can give me feedback on the quality?

This is pretty cool :)

A few comments and comparing with the Javadocs there are a few
things missing:

* It doesn't seem to be possible to navigate between the top
level packages, i.e. "java" and "org"
* No inheritance chain
* No implemented interfaces
* Only one level of inherited members
* I think it's a bit too much to show the documentation of
inherited members, I would just have links to them

--
/Jacob Carlborg