The New New DIP Process

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:59:07 UTC 2018

When I took on the role of DIP Manager last year, I didn't
realize how much I had to learn. Most of the DIPs made it through
just fine, but there were a few errors along the way. And there
were some inefficiencies built into the system that weren't so
obvious in the beginning. Recently, my new procedure document to
revise the process was approved.

Structurally, the process is still the same. Now, it has more
clearly defined responsibilities and time constraints. Hopefully,
this will kill the inefficiencies we identified in the system,
and I'll keep an eye open to adapting it as necessary.

This blog post summarizes the changes, their motivation, and my
new attitude toward the role of the DIP Manager.

Blog:
https://dlang.org/blog/2018/03/09/the-new-new-dip-process/

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/836fwt/the_new_new_dip_process/