Vision document for H1 2018

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Sat Mar 10 00:03:20 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 March 2018 at 21:43:53 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Hello, the vision document of the Founation for the first six
> months of 2018 is here:
>
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2018H1
>
> In addition to the expected items, we have a new top-level
> priority - locking down the language definition. This is in
> recognition of the fact that we need a precise definition of
> the language going forward.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Very nice, love how concrete this document has become, including
listing the members of the core team, especially compared to the
vague early vision statements.

One note about @nogc: I've seen complaints about the -vgc reports
on reddit, that they're not very useful for mixed @nogc usage,
where the GC is used for part of the codebase, not sure if
something can be done about that.