Vision document for H1 2018

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Sat Mar 10 12:09:28 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 10 March 2018 at 11:45:25 UTC, rumbu wrote:

> I'm talking about the D Foundation priority list, not about the
> open source community surrounding it. I have nothing against
> betterC, the community is free to work on it, but I don't
> understand why it's a *priority* for the D foundation. Is there
> any funding involved requesting explicitly betterC support?

I think cause interoperating with C/C++, as well as encouraging
migrating C/C++ code over D..has always been a key objective for
Andrei and Walter (as least that's the impression I get - as a
relative newcomer to D).

So I doesn't surprise me that it would be (remain) a priority for
the D foundation, which they (and others) represent.

All power to em...

Although... I'm just not convinced that C programmers will give
up C, and C++ programmers will give up C++ ... well... certainly
I don't see any mass migration on the horizon of my crystal ball.

Everyone will end up programming in C++, Java, or .NET .. says
the crystal ball.