Vision document for H1 2018

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Sun Mar 11 01:54:50 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 at 01:46:09 UTC, Dylan Graham wrote:

> Rust was more popular and who could use that?
> Rust is popular because of its ideas, not because it pandered.

I don't see "programmer" portability as being pandering.

It common sense.

Rust is good, in that it seeks to do something different. I like
that.

But I live in the real world, and need to switch between
languages often.

Language theory is nice and all that, but "programmer"
portability is paramount for me.. not popular ideas.

And Rust is popular... with Rust programmers.