Updated D packages in GNU Guix for x86_64-linux, i686-linux, armhf-linux

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Sun Mar 11 12:41:28 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 at 08:43:25 UTC, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> The GNU package manager updated LDC to 1.7.0 which now provides
> x86_64-linux, see
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/L/. Runtime
> dependencies and build are listed at
> https://hydra.gnu.org/build/2525193#tabs-runtime-deps,
> including 0.17.4 (bootstrap) and LLVM 3.8.1.
>
> LDC 0.17.4 provides x86_64-linux, i686-linux, armhf-linux.
>
> We aim to add D compilers for all supported architectures.

Kai has been working recently [1] on updating LDC 0.17.x
(ltsmaster) to work with LLVM 6, PowerPC, AArch64, ...  You may
want to take advantage of that activity to get better bootstrap
compiler support for your platforms. For example by filing bug
reports, or better: helping out with testing and fixing things ;-)

-Johan

[1] See e.g.
https://github.com/ldc-developers/dmd-testsuite/pull/34