Vision document for H1 2018

rumbu rumbu at rumbu.ro
Sun Mar 11 16:15:22 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 at 14:37:28 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> And this clarifies the source of your confusion. The D
> programming language is an open source project, not a
> for-profit company. D is not the language you're looking for.

There are 3 years since C# is also open source project. Last week
72 pull requests form 24 contributors were merged on ~master. And
this is only for Roslyn (the C# compiler).

The difference (at least for me) is that contributing to C# is a
no-brainer. Contributing to D needs an advanced degree in
computer science. Using the information on the D wiki didn't
helped me until now to successfully compile and test a fresh copy
of dmd or phobos.