Vision document for H1 2018

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Mon Mar 12 06:44:21 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 06:13:35 UTC, rumbu wrote:

> I'm comparing two open source projects, both hosted on github.
> Both available in the same supermarket. It seems that one of
> them is easy to reach to, the other one is on the top shelf and
> you need a forklift to reach it. And when you bring the
> forklift, you find out that you need two additional excavators
> running on a special kind of fuel which is not available in
> your country.
>
> I'm comparing the contributing experience, because almost every
> time when someone complains about something, is invited to
> contribute himself.

yeah, but if you know in advance, that you need a fork lift to
reach it, and that you'll also need two additional excavators
running on a special kind of fuel, which is not available in your
country...then..and only then.. are your expectations in line
with reality ;-)

but people come to D, thinking they can just walk over to the
shelf and take it.
(because that's often what they are used to).

Some of us are actually used to the very opposite - i.e you
always have make that extra effort, even to do the most simple
things. But that effort just seems normal to us.

I agree, there needs to be more middle ground, which both types
will benefit from in the end.