Vision document for H1 2018

Void-995 void995 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:57:02 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 10:38:57 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 05:02:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
>> Now, I actually understand ranges and am very glad that
>> they're there, but as a D newbie, they were annoying, because
>> they were unfamiliar.
>
> Ranges are D's monads. The only thing missing is the burrito
> tutorials.

I always thought the best spice in D is UFCS. If only there would
be one for local symbols (but that needs either foundation's
decision or I need to write my first DIP and do something instead
of just crying silently into my sleeve). I really found few
usages for that, like using methods of class on data types that
stored inside ranges inside that class. Image data being glued to
each other in different lists like data in SQL among tables. Not
like an show stopper, but after I rewrote part of my application
into D - a lot of stuff become so much more elegant and easy to
read and maintain. UFCS would help with readability in cases like
I had tons.