The D Language Foundation at Open Collective

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Wed Mar 14 12:00:42 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 11:51:04 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 15:45:51 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 15:26:24 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
>> wrote:
>>

>>> The Website needs the link, too!:
>>> https://dlang.org/foundation/donate.html
>>
>> Yes, there's a PR for it waiting to be merged.
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/2272
>
> Cool, it is online now.
>
> On the Open Collective page should be mentioned, that it just
> has started.
> So no one wonders that so far only a few are listed.

Good idea! The description at OpenCollective itself needs some
work too :/

> Additionally you should ensure to transfer the names
> "automatically" or periodically to
> https://dlang.org/foundation/sponsors.html

That's already in the queue:

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/2273

> And last but not least place a small donate button on every
> page page!

Not sure whether that's a good idea, it might look a bit needy.
We already have a donate button on the front page since a few
weeks though.

> With 500 people participating in the survey there should be the
> chance to boost up the impact of D with more manpower and money.

Yeah, the idea is that 5$ a month isn't much (~ one coffee in
most countries), but if 500 people donate one coffee a month, you
get the entire coffee machine with a warp engine :)