State of D 2018 Survey

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Thu Mar 15 08:29:37 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 07:37:02 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Sunday, 11 March 2018 at 18:34:57 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 13:41:56 UTC, Mike Parker
>> wrote:
>>> About a month ago, Sebastian Wilzbach sent an email out to a
>>> few of the core D folks asking for feedback on a survey he
>>> had put together. He thought it would be useful for the
>>> Foundation to use in order to make decisions about where to
>>> expend development efforts. Eventually Andrei gave his stamp
>>> of approval, the survey questions were tweaked, and then it
>>> was ready to roll.
>>>
>>> Of course I would love for you to read my blog post
>>> announcing it, but if you want to skip the prose and go
>>> straight to the good stuff, here's the survey link:
>>>
>>> https://seb134.typeform.com/to/H1GTak
>>>
>>> The blog:
>>> https://dlang.org/blog/2018/02/28/the-state-of-d-2018-survey/
>>>
>>> Reddit:
>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/80w29n/the_state_of_d_2018_survey/
>>
>> Wow, we got more than 500 responses so far. A huge thank you
>> already!
>> The survey is still open for a few more days, so if you want
>> to make your opinion count now is the last chance.
>
> Today is the final day of the survey. If you haven't taken it,
> use the last hours ;-)

It's closed now. Thanks again for all your input!
We have received 540 replies - thanks to each and everyone of you
who has invested their time to give us such detailed feedback.

An initial auto-generated report without the open-text questions
can be viewed at:

https://dlang.typeform.com/report/H1GTak/PY9NhHkcBFG0t6ig

A more in-depth analysis and summary will follow in the next
weeks.