Vision document for H1 2018

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Thu Mar 15 09:05:52 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 at 04:06:13 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> First of all, betterC is about far more than interfacing with
> C. In fact, interop with C isn't really what betterC is about
> at all - that's a separate aspect of the language. (And those
> C/C++ users who still haven't come to D - for many of them the
> holdout is *because* of the issues betterC aims to address.

What is that issue? Runtime? It can be solved with minimal
runtime that one can write in an evening, compare it to betterC
effort that has no end in sight.

> Make no mistake, for all the stockholm syndrome in the C and
> C++ worlds, there *are* a lot people openly wanting to jump
> ship but don't have a sufficient option yet.

I'm afraid a sufficient option for them is proper C++ superset,
betterC is only the first excuse, but not last.

> Personally, better DLL support have little to no impact on me.
> Obviously it does for you, and I sympathise.

FWIW DLL support was always good enough for me.