The D Language Foundation at Open Collective

Tony tonytdominguez at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 20:18:45 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 15 March 2018 at 12:36:24 UTC, Meta wrote:

> Sorry to derail, but I had to ask: where does 1 coffee (even
> extra large) cost $5 USD? Let me know so I know to never move
> there.

I have seen regular coffee at $4.50 and as high as $5.50 in the
USA (and not always a large), but in order to get there, it has
to be "single cup pour over" made, as opposed to coming out of a
machine into a pot. And the beans have to be organic or they are
telling you exactly where they were grown and giving you alleged
"flavor notes" and maybe they roasted them in-house or locally,
and the place has to have an upscale or luxury vibe. But
Starbucks in the USA gives you a 20oz out-of-a-machine for under
$3. McDonald's beats everybody - $1 for a large. Although I am
not a big fan of the McDonalds coffee (maybe psychological due to
the low price). 7/11 convenience stores and Chevron gas stations
both have several varieties of coffee on tap that they sell for
under $2 for a large, that I think tastes good.