Added Wiki page Programming_in_D_tutorial_on_Embedded_Linux_ARM_devices

dangbinghoo dangbinghoo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 01:30:58 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 12:44:31 UTC, Uknown wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 09:29:26 UTC, dangbinghoo wrote:
>> hello there,
>>
>> Just added a paper for cross compiling D on arm linux devices.
>>
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/Programming_in_D_tutorial_on_Embedded_Linux_ARM_devices
>>
>> As my english is not that good, every body who find mistakes
>> just try to fix it.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Just a little tip, but I would recommend avoiding giving
> install instructions that vary from platform to platform. The
> problem is that 2 years down the line, when someone discovers
> this tutorial, they may discover that the instructions are no
> longer applicable. That makes the entire tutorial seem
> outdated. Also, the instructions are hard to verify for
> contributors, since they probably already installed the
> programs, so they can't tell if the instructions are outdated
> or wrong.
> Instead, I would recommend giving relevant links to install
> instructions provided by the program/package creator. That way
> the instructions are always up to date

All these instructions are not tied to a specified version, it
should work for the future. Linux Distribution like
fedora/debain/ArchLinux will not change such a package name for
installing arm toolchain, as the toolchain package is not like
libpng, you may have libpng11 libpng1.2 or what ever, it's just
solid package names.