The D Language Foundation at Open Collective

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Mon Mar 19 09:30:23 UTC 2018

On Monday, 19 March 2018 at 07:22:42 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 March 2018 at 12:36:24 UTC, Meta wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 12:00:42 UTC, Seb wrote:
>>> Yeah, the idea is that 5$ a month isn't much (~ one coffee in
>>> most countries), but if 500 people donate one coffee a month,
>>> you get the entire coffee machine with a warp engine :)
>>
>> Sorry to derail, but I had to ask: where does 1 coffee (even
>> extra large) cost $5 USD? Let me know so I know to never move
>> there.
>
> Yeah...
>
> I still prefer an 'espresso', that in Italy is simply called
> 'caffè': 1.00 euro in Milano.
> An original Cappuccino, italiano, is 1.20 euro...
>
> /Paolo

O.K. Paolo, you are in a very bad position you would have to give
up your morning espresso a whole five day working week to make
the 5$ for "dlang.org" donation :-)

It was a view years ago, when I was in the US, thinking:
"espresso, should be the same in Colorado as in Germany."  But I
got shocked by the bar keeper putting spray cream on top of the
small cup...  So you never know what you get, if your order
something called "coffee" if you are outside of Bella Italia!