Vision document for H1 2018

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Mon Mar 19 19:19:05 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 March 2018 at 21:43:53 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Hello, the vision document of the Founation for the first six
> months of 2018 is here:
>
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2018H1
>
> In addition to the expected items, we have a new top-level
> priority - locking down the language definition. This is in
> recognition of the fact that we need a precise definition of
> the language going forward.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

If I compare 2018H1 vision, to 2017H2 vision
I see that 3 out of 6 objectives are carry over from 2017

I think this needs more explanation, and maybe the vision
document, should becomes more of a road map document

A vision by some definitions in management, is the organization
dream, it doesn't have to be completely realistic

A road map, is more like a plan, that is realistically achievable

Again, I think, if 3 out 6 items are from last year, it seems
unlikely all 6 will complete this year, and it seems more likely
most of those will carry over to next year, and it becomes
unclear which of those 6 will actually be implemented this year