Why think unit tests should be in their own source code hierarchy instead of side-by-side

Anton Fediushin fediushin.anton at yandex.ru
Thu Mar 22 12:26:14 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 10:59:56 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> Blog post:
>
> https://atilanevesoncode.wordpress.com/
>
> Atila

I *love* built-in unittests. Putting them right after each
function makes things so much easier.

Tests in their own file is something from 90-s. It's 2018 and I
want to be able to write tests anywhere I want.

"They increase build times" - fix compiler, not my code.

"version(unittest) will cause you problems if you write
libraries" - fix dub, not my code.

Built-in unittests are part of D's specification. As long as it
allowes to do so, I'll carry on writing unittests in my code and
nobody can take it from me.