LDC 1.8.0

Matthias Klumpp mak at debian.org
Sat Mar 24 17:33:18 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 01:52:48 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> [...]
> Aww, just a little bit too late to easily get into Ubuntu 18.04
> LTS

Well.... It still made it, yay! (Even without me explicitly
requesting it)
This means Ubuntu 18.04 will be pretty up-to-date when it comes
to D stuff, only GDC 8 won't be the default (but still available).
The thing that is facilitating an up-to-date D stack in Debian
and Ubuntu is software in the archive using D. The Tilix terminal
emulator is at the forefront there, followed by my
appstream-generator and the Laniakea archive management suite and
all the bits and pieces those projects depend on (like GtkD in
Tilix' case).