DLS : an attempt at a language server

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Mar 27 21:08:20 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 at 18:08:14 UTC, Laurent Tréguier wrote:
> Hello, D community!
>
> I've been looking at D for a while now, but never got to really
> use it. And now that Microsoft initiated the Language Server
> Protocol, I thought about trying to make a language server
> using DCD, DFMT and D-Scanner.
> It only supports formatting with DFMT and basic autocompletion
> with DCD (for now). I've successfully got it working with both
> VSCode [1] and Atom [2], maybe I'll try to make extensions for
> some other editors as well.
>
> Also now that I've actually tried the language, I have to say I
> really like it :)
>
> [1]:
> https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=LaurentTreguier.vscode-dls
> [2]: https://atom.io/packages/ide-dlang

neat, I am also planning on including dcd inside my language
server, did everything just work or did you have issues with
threading and messaging etc and what were your experiences on it?

I see that you have an auto updater, I might as well steal that
functionality for me :p

Can you list what else makes your language server special? Have
you maybe also considered contributing on workspace-d/serve-d? ;)